1. McDonald's Ebi Burger--Where: Japan, Singapore and other Asian markets--What it is: This sandwich features whole shrimp embedded in a crispy patty and topped with lettuce and spicy sauce. It's served on a Big Mac roll. In Japan, it's called the Ebi Filet-O.
2. McDonald's Shaka Shaka Chicken--Where: Singapore--What it is: Shaka Shaka Chicken consists of a deep fried chicken patty that's served in a paper sleeve with a packet of spices for pouring on top of it.
3. McDonald's Crock Brie--Where: Italy--What it is: These deep-fried triangles of oozing brie cheese are only available in Italy.
4. McDonald's Bacon Rolls--Where: U.K.--What it is: McDonald's has branded its Bacon Roll the "breakfast of choice for all bacon lovers." The bacon is sourced from British farms and served on a roll with either ketchup or brown sauce.
5. McDonald's Black and White Hamburger Combo--Where: China--What it is: The black burger, which is topped with white sesame seeds, has a black pepper sauce with chopped onions, according to Brian Ashcraft at Kotaku. The white burger is topped with black sesame seeds and has a spicy sauce. The burgers were available for a limited time last year and now they are back again.
6. McDonald's Taro Pie--Where: Japan and other Asian markets--What it is: Chunks of taro root covered in a sweet, bright purple sauce inside a flaky pie crust. Taro root resembles potatoes in consistency but has a stronger flavor. Taylor Tamblin compared the taste of the treat to a mild sweet potato in his blog, Man Reviews Food.
7. McDonald's McArabia--Where: Arab countries and Pakistan--What it is: Two grilled chicken patties with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and garlic sauce inside a pita.
8. McDonald's Seaweed Shaker Fries--Where: Asian markets--What it is: McDonald's serves its classic fries with a packet of seaweed flavoring for this dish.
9. McDonald's Matcha McFlurry--Where: Singapore, Japan--What it is: This twist on the McFlurry contains green tea powder, giving it the green coloring, with a heap of crushed Oreo bits.
10. Snack al Parmigiano--Where: Italy--What it is: Instead of a side of fries, at McDonald's in Italy you can get an individually wrapped bar of Parmesan cheese.
11. McDonald's Cheese Katsu Burger--Where: Japan--What's it is: The Cheese Katsu burger contains melted cheese inside fried pork cutlets with sliced cabbage and sweet and sour sauces. The dish is served on a sesame bun.
12. Bubur Ayam McD--Where: Malaysia--What it is: This breakfast treat consists of porridge, chicken strips, spring onions, sliced ginger, fried shallots and diced chillies. In Singapore, it's called Chicken SingaPorridge.
13. McDonald's Rosti Brekki Wrap--Where: Australia and New Zealand--What it is: The Rosti Brekkie Wrap contains bacon, a fried egg, a slice of cheese and a potato rosti, which is similar to a hash brown. It's served on a flour tortilla with BBQ sauce.
14. McLobster--Where: Canada--What it is: The McLobster sandwich contains 100% Atlantic lobster meat, according to McDonald's, as well as diced celery, light salad dressing and lettuce. The sandwich is served on a soft roll.
15. Bacon potato pie--Where: Japan--What it is: Chunks of potato and bacon served in the same deep-fried shell that McDonald's uses for its apple pies.
16. KiwiBurger--Where: New Zealand--What it is: Despite its name, the KiwiBurger contains no kiwi fruit. It consists of a four-ounce beef patty, griddle egg, beetroot, tomato lettuce, cheese, onions, mustard and ketchup.
17. McAloo Tikki--Where: India--What it is: The McAloo Tikki, originating in India, is a fried potato and pea patty in a bun. The sandwich recently debuted in Singapore and will be available for a limited time there.
18. Samurai Burger--Where: Asian markets--What it is: The Samurai burger comes with either a chicken patty or a beef patty coated in Teriyaki sauce with mayonnaise and lettuce. Popular sides are Seaweed Shaker Fries and Jasmine Green Tea.
19. McSpicy Paneer--Where: India--What it is: The McSpicy Paneer is a fried curd cheese patty topped with tandoori sauce, red cabbage and lettuce served on a sesame roll.
20. McDonald's Gazpacho Soup--Where: Spain--What it is: This classic summer soup is served chilled with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, celery, lemon juice and hot sauce.
21. McDonald's Poutine--Where: Canada--What it is: McDonald's drizzles gravy and cheese curds on its french fries for this traditionally Canadian dish.