1. R. Kelly is her close friend--"It's not that unlikely. I've been living in Chicago, and he's from Chicago. When it comes to R&B, there's really nobody else to call. The thing we have very much in common is that a lot of people write very untrue things about me, and a lot of people write very untrue things about him. Look, it was the perfect marriage in that way. It was very emotional singing the song with him. He wanted to be my friend. We're both songwriters. When I talk to him he gets it and vice versa."
2. Her hip injury was so severe, it almost required a full hip replacement--"I just really healed two to three weeks ago. I've made some adjustments to my athleticism. I'm a dancer. I just had to rehab my body. It was very stressful coming back at the MTV Video Music Awards. I wasn't really ready to be back. But I'm feeling better than ever."
3. That rotted teeth grill she wore at the YouTube Music Awards? It actually was a bracelet, and no, she doesn't care if you liked it or not--"I like revolting in certain situations against what people think of me. I've never gone out in sweatpants since my career started. That's because I like what I do, and I feel a certain sense of loyalty and responsibility to my fans to be artistic all the time, because I am. Wearing sweatpants, I can do that at home. I don't always wear makeup. I don't always wear wigs."
4. She stands by her feud with celebrity blogger Perez Hilton--"It's fine to hate me afar. Everyone can hate me from afar. But the second you try to move in next door to me, I know you're getting too close, and it's not safe. Already it's stressful not feeling safe as it is. I have lots of security. I get death threats all the time. Some things bring out the New Yorker in me. If you hate somebody and you want to move next door to me, the only thing I can think of is that you're moving in because you want to blow yourself up. There's thousands and millions of apartments in New York. You don't need to move in next door to me."
5. Yes, she's really going to perform in space--"They asked me to do it. I did not purchase my flight. They approached me about this. Everything was designed for me to sing from space, and it will be live-streamed to Earth to a concert that will be going on at ground zero."
6. She knows how to "function as a famous person"--"I am a lot more centered now, I think, because I feel a lot more in control of my career. That's really important to me. I don't like feeling like I'm at the mercy of other people. I work harder than anybody at what I do. It's so important that you maintain a sense of gravity and a sense of your own soul. I understand how I want to function as a famous person. Fame to me is people's projections on to you of what you should become or what you should be."
7. She has one word to describe how she feels at the moment--"Focused."